07:00 AM - 08:00 AM (Pacific)
08:00 AM - 09:00 AM (Mountain)
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM (Central)
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Eastern)
Zoom Invitation Will Be Shared the Day Before the Event
Trust is the oil in every engine. How is trust, or the lack thereof, affecting your board and management relationship? Join us to take the mystery out of trust building and increase healthy conflict, commitment, accountability, and ultimately, results.
Thank you to our Chapter Sponsors!
THANK YOU TO OUR NATIONAL AND GOLD CHAPTER SPONSORS!
Lizabeth M. Wiggins, MS, LLP, CPC
Transitions Training LLC
Lizabeth Wiggins is Principal with TransitionsTraining, LLC. She plays a key role in business development at the firm as well as working with clients in talent management, career counseling, and leadership development toward meeting strategic business goals.
Liz’s 30 years of professional experience began in the management consulting group of a CPA Firm, Plante Moran, working as a consulting psychologist on client’s personnel issues. In her counseling, training and front line management roles, Liz has impacted individuals and teams for the better in measurable terms. She worked with a global human resources consulting firm as a master trainer in performance management and leadership development with Fortune 500 clients.
Liz’s engaging personality and communication style make her a sought after speaker and partner in the arenas of talent engagement and development.
Liz holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She has a Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychology from Eastern Michigan University and is a Limited License Psychologist in the state of Michigan. Liz is also a Certified Personnel Consultant and licensed Employment Agent in the state of Michigan.
Strategic Business Coach
Entrepreneur who bootstrapped a company out of a garage in his late 20’s. Fast forward 28-years, from the ground up, 9-warehouse offices in 6-states, running 7-distinct business models to becoming the largest privately held portable & temporary HVAC business servicing the commercial and industrial building market. Business models included distribution, rental, prototype equipment, niche manufacturing, service, trucking, and real-estate. Chris sold his business in late 2015, stayed to reinvest with new partners, acquiring his largest competitor, and a niche industrial manufacture. Then, developed a new leadership team to successfully take the company out to market 2-years later. Chris works with EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to provide business owners the tools and understanding of running a better business and the clarity to live a better personal life inside their business. EOS has a 20-year track record of 16% – 21% YOY revenue growth with additional ROI of gaining control of one’s personal life.
Four reasons why business owners choose Chris and the EOS process:
- Businesses need additional “Team Vision, Team Health, and Traction” because business owners are not where they need to be and are stuck.
- Transition into a healthier personal life balance. Finally enjoy the second half of adult life.
- Second or third generation family members stepping into key leadership roles. Failure is not an option
- The owner is positioning to sell the business in 2 – 10 years and requires a strong exit plan
Transition Planning Consultant
Dorchester Consulting Inc.
Paul J. Bernhard was a founding partner of McEndarffer, Hoke & Bernhard, P.C., which was established in 1978. The firm merged with Plante & Moran in 1994. Paul has many years of experience in public accounting and has worked with family-owned and closely held businesses throughout his career. He has hands-on experience, as he worked with his father who was also a CPA and was a Partner with McEndarffer, Hoke & Bernhard, P.C., for many years.
Extensive experience includes:
- Leading expert at transition planning, from first to second generations, as well as active and inactive family member relations and other matters related to family business.
- Helps family businesses grow and prosper with the emphasis on preserving values while accomplishing significant change.
- Developing governance, especially Boards of Directors, for closely-held businesses.
- Involved in transferring businesses from family members to employees.
- Worked with many different types of companies including manufacturing, retailing, consulting and various commercial companies performing a wide variety of services including business consulting, tax consulting, operating plans, estate plans, financial plans, retirement plans and business valuations.